Desert Aircraft DA-170
- Same lenght and mounting as the DA-150.
- Aerobatic power curve.
- Fast throttle response.
- Most torque in its class.
- Low vibration.
- Exclusive Desert Aircraft designed cylinders, pistons, and crankshaft.
- CNC milled, 7075 aluminum alloy crankcase.
- Three crank bearings, long spacing between front bearings.
- Long conrod with gudgeon pin located very near to piston crown to reduce side loads.
- Walbro Carburator
- Four petal reed valve, bottom induction.
- Electronic ignition with auto advance and retard.
- DA engines are designed using the latest tools and techniques,including 3D CAD and Stereo Lithography.
The experience with the extreme reliability of the DA-150 in mind, the DA-170 was fully new developed. More capacity and therefore more power, with the same weight is the result. Many top places in the international aerobatic championships prove the amazing power of this engine.
The reed valves developed by DA plus the Walbro carburettor are perfectly adapted to the engine giving an even running engine in all attitudes and throttle settings. An aluminium throttle arm is fitted to the carburettor throttle shaft.
The DA-170 has been designed especially to run with tuned pipes and only develops its enormous power with these. Should you decide against fitting these pipes then the DA-150 is the far better choice.
As is with all DA engines the DA-170 has been factory test run, the carburettor needles adjusted. The world wide DA service and support is unique.
The DA-170 is the ideal engine for your 40% aerobatic models.
- Displacement: 171.8 ccm
- Bore: 52.0 mm
- Stroke: 40.5 mm
- Weight: 3650 g
- including Ignition: 3790 g
- Output: 13.2 kW / 18.0 PS
- RPM Range: 1000 - 6500 1/min
- RPM Max: 9200 1/min
- Fuel Consumption: 7.1 Liters/h @ 6000 1/min
- Menz 2-Blade: 30x12", 32x10", 32x12"
- Super Silence Carbon 2-Blade: 30x14", 30x16", 31.5x14", 31.5x16"
- Super Silence Carbon 3-Blade: 29x12", 30x12"
- Fuel: 1:50