Saito FA-120R3 Radial Nitro/Glow Engine
The Saito™ brand continues to expand their radial engine line with the addition of the FA-120 3-cylinder radial. Ideal for 60- to 90-size models, the FA-120R3 is an upgrade from the FA-090R3 engine, featuring 33% larger displacement and more power—all at a lighter weight for a higher power-to-weight ratio. The FA-120R3 also comes with a 3-piece flex exhaust system, making for an all-inclusive package.
And, like all Saito engines, this powerhouse is engineered with that same Saito quality and reliability you have come to know and trust.
- Optimum for small-size scaled airplane
- Low vibration (assured by constant-interval explosion)
- Real sound of the exhaust
- The engine is designed to equalize fuel mixture and minimize misfire due to insufficient distributing at idling by means of special port type intake manifold originally developed by SAITO
- Cylinder head: Improved semi-spherical combustion chamber assures better combustion efficiency and volumetric efficiency
- Cylinder: The aluminum cylinder is directly hard-chrome plated on its inner surface without installing liners to reduce weight and increase durability. The monolithic structure of cylinder head and cylinder prevents distortion and improves cooling efficiency.
- Piston: The piston is made of high silicon content aluminum and attached with a compression ring to heighten engine performance
- Crankshaft: Has a forged solid construction made of chrome molybdenum steel, and supported by two ball bearings
- Camshaft: Features high cam providing longer maximum lift time
- Carburetor: High-performance of slow throttling type
- Propeller nut: designed to have double nuts preventing loosening and fall-off for the safety.
- More power for 60- to 90-size planes
- Proven performance and reliability
- Fits great into round cowl planes
- Displacement: 19.18 cc
- Bore: 22.4 mm
- Stroke: 16.2 mm
- Crankshaft Threads: M7x1 mm
- Cylinder Type: AAC
- Cylinders: Radial
- Muffler Type: Three flex tube exhaust hoses (included)
- Prop Range: 13x8-14x6
- Rec Prop: APC 14x5 @ 9.400 rpm
- RPM Range: 1.800 - 10.000
- Max ground rpm: 8.800-9.500
- Recommended Fuel: Glow fuel with 5-20% nitro and synthetic oil
- Total Weight: 890 g w/ mufflers